PNC Field Saturated with Fans in 2013
Moosic, Pa. – The Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (Triple-A/New York Yankees) and PNC Field have concluded a fantastic first season for the reconstructed facility in 2013. In addition to the team’s best season at the gates since 2008, a franchise-record 61 special events beyond baseball buoyed the season-long attendance figure to 462,052.
While the RailRiders’ season concluded yesterday with a road game at Rochester, even more special events are planned. PNC Field will continue operation throughout the off-season leading up to the RailRiders’ Opening Day on Thursday, April 10, 2014.
With the ability to host events year-round, RailRiders team president/GM Rob Crain was happy with the success of this year’s turnout and hopes for even bigger numbers in 2014.
“This has been such a special year at PNC Field, not just for the team, but for the entire community,” Crain said. “From the first Opening Night, to The Office Wrap Party; from new mascots to a whole new look, it’s really been a dream come true. Now we’ll get to work on bringing even more folks out next year.”
With 435,839 fans attending games over 68 regular-season home openings, the SWB saw its best total and per-game average (6,409) since 2008. The RailRiders posted 25 fixed-seat sellouts in 2013 and had a number of other highlight numbers including:
– More kids came through PNC Field’s Family Fun Zone in 2013 than from 2007 to 2011 combined
– There were 28,442 $1 Bud Lights/Pepsis sold this season over 11 home games on Budweiser Thirsty Thursdays
– The team gave away 46,500 free items through its 18 giveaways
– 2,784 kids ate free over five Kids Eat Free Wednesday games
– Dollar Dog Nights led to 14,626 $1 hot dogs getting sold over six such dates
– The team shot off two hours and 20 minutes worth of fireworks
The RailRiders’ 2014 season begins on Thursday, April 3 when the club kicks off a seven-game road trip at Syracuse against the Chiefs (Washington Nationals). The home slate commences a week later on Thursday, April 10 when the Chiefs visit PNC Field for a four-game series and homestand. For season ticket information, call (570) 969-BALL (2255) or visit swbrailriders.com.
– SWB RailRiders – All Aboard! –